Author Topic: Something noticed in Dec.2007 DX9  (Read 611 times)

Offline RWRamo

• Regular
  • Speaker of the House
Something noticed in Dec.2007 DX9
« on: January 08, 2008, 10:07:29 PM »
Another hardware item I added to the testing machine an old first generation VIA Envy based soundcard to help spread the heat away from the Southbridge controller on the mainboard.

With the issuance of the December 2007 Direct X I noticed several items being replaced in direct3d, and direct sound components.

On the easily overworked box, what I have noticed is a drastically lowered CPU usage in areas with overlapped textures from different item groups along with a large number of overlapped sounds.  In some instances the CPU usage would jump from lulls of 0% to spikes in the 70% for a few seconds then drop to 0%.  With the Dec.2007 DX9 the 70%-80% CPU usage spikes dropped to 40%-47% in the same map areas and same number of players.

I suggest the Dec.2007 DX9 as worth the effort.  You could at this point just hang out and wait for the Feb.2008 now though.  For some time they have quietly put out a new version with fixes and enhancements every two months.

Offline BGs_WILLcry

• BGsZapr
  • TG Member
  • Chatterbox
    • Flight Sim sceneries I made.
Something noticed in Dec.2007 DX9
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 10:54:07 PM »
 Hi RWRamo.

Then should it have a version number higher than
9.0C ?

Thanks, and blue skies, and many BGs and
happy good 2008, and
ABEDEEE ABEDEEEE ABEDEEE that's all folks !
A.K.A. BGsZapr. Gaming like a teen ! B-)
It's not only about you. It's also about the soldier next to you.
SEE the DVDs "What the BLEEP!? down the rabbit hole".
https://www.whatthebleep.com
P4, 2.6 ghz. 1 Gb RAM, 256 mgs ATI Radeon Video.

Offline RWRamo

• Regular
  • Speaker of the House
Re: Something noticed in Dec.2007 DX9
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 01:37:23 AM »
No, they call it DX9c "Date".

Every other month they have a new DX9 and just do not mention what if any updates and or repairs are included.

I guess that way they do not have to call it DX9W-z-y.  I'm sure they had intended to discontinue it along with WinXP and pick up with DX10.

Offline Zaphod

• Administrator
  • Never shuts up
    • Exocet's Silo
Re: Something noticed in Dec.2007 DX9
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 07:49:23 PM »
They have to call it DX9c (date) as they made a big hoo ha over v10 for vista only and screwed themselves.
Mess with the Best, Die like the rest.

[smg id=429]

Please do not “PM” me for support unless I have asked you to do so, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored.