Author Topic: Hi again  (Read 577 times)

HossainÐRT

Hi again
« on: February 05, 2009, 01:50:15 PM »
Hi,
I want to know something when i play in you're sever on dftfd sometimes i get punted or something.
i want to know if thats happens only to me or to other pple also.

thnx HossainÐRT

Ghost

Re: Hi again
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 11:11:04 PM »
What are you doing when you get punted  , are you standing still while you walk to bathroom or something like that . Because lack of activity will get you punted from any game server . As far as I know we are not punting you . Also it may be that your cache folder may need to be cleared and any sysdump files . To do this go to your dagger folder and find the cache folder and delete it and find any sys dump files and delete them , it helps to do this often . Hope this helps
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 11:14:53 PM by Gen.Ghost »

Offline Zaphod

• Administrator
  • Never shuts up
    • Exocet's Silo
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 02:10:48 AM »
yes all of the above, I checked to see if our built in protection is doing it, Hexed Characters like the  Ð instead of D can do this.

Nologic banned these characters in their servers as some characters (hexed characters) can change frame rates and is one of the actions a cheat/trainer program does, and can get you punted by default.

There is also another one called a hill punt, this can happen when the hill you are trying to climb is too steep or you more often, slide down a hill and get punted, that symptom is a bug in the game software that is carried today in 4 genrations of game from TFD.

Arent they wonderful at  nologic.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 03:34:11 AM by Gen.Zaphod »
Mess with the Best, Die like the rest.

[smg id=429]

Please do not “PM” me for support unless I have asked you to do so, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored.

HossainÐRT

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 10:05:53 AM »
I know the most things why you get punt like falling from a hill and sleeping in server etc but didnt new about the Ð and the cache folder but i will cheack first cache folder and then when its still happens i will change my name. Thnx guys

grszz HossainÐRT

Ghost

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 10:38:39 AM »
Well as for waiting to change the letter  in your name ,our policy is to ban players using  HEX  letters but we don't ban you because we know you are a good player . But others see you using Hex letters and they will want to and we might ban them . So with that said it might be best to change it in all TG servers games .

HossainÐRT

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 01:34:32 PM »
sorry, i really didn't know that it wasn't allowed. i will change it
thnx

Offline Zaphod

• Administrator
  • Never shuts up
    • Exocet's Silo
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 04:09:47 PM »
sorry, i really didn't know that it wasn't allowed. i will change it
thnx

Oops let that slip through, if you do change name let us know and we will adjust the stats to your new name.

HossainÐRT

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 05:04:24 PM »
yep, my new name is HossainDRT with a normal D thnx

Offline Zaphod

• Administrator
  • Never shuts up
    • Exocet's Silo
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 06:18:14 PM »
No problems and thanks, please still let us know if this happens again.

Keep your eyes open real soon as we are bringing back a program to run LW or TFD and clears cache and sysdump files a split second before it launches the game. Tus giving you a "Clean start" everytime you launch the game through it.

It also updates itself when ever there is a newer version.

HossainÐRT

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 08:02:33 AM »
Hey,

I was being punted i think in ifd server cuze i had a hexed name i think. If it was that srry forgot about it i will be playin with the name Hossain now.
so if any1 wants 2 fix my name on stats thnx alot. other names HossainÐRT and }{ø§§aïñ»ÊK§«.

Again srry about the hexed name.

Offline Zaphod

• Administrator
  • Never shuts up
    • Exocet's Silo
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 12:42:05 AM »
Hi, np at least you knwo what it is and honest about the hexed name, yes we have a bot in place that prevents hexed names, the reason for that is not all but some cheaters use the hexed name as a mask for the cheat program they run as the hexed name and cheat upsets frame rates for the player  etc.

So at least you know why, we are not the only squad who has this bot so you may come across that on other coop servers, its just self protection that catches the non cheater at times. have fun.