Author Topic: Malware site tactics  (Read 448 times)

Offline Zaphod

• Administrator
  • Never shuts up
    • Exocet's Silo
Malware site tactics
« on: April 09, 2010, 06:59:30 PM »
A service I used to use but had not logged into for over a year, sent me a email stating I have a private message, so I logged in and my credentials still worked, well I read a message from a person purporting to be admin warning me I had been spamming (I knew this wasn’t true and I knew the admin well enough to know it wasn’t him).

It showed a link I have to go to get a malware/anti virus scan, I knew then this was a phishing trip, I followed the link to be greeted with a forced download of a so called anti virus link.
I clicked no but it tried to download anyhow, it didn’t get far my Avast V5 antivirus jacked in and cut it off dead, so I didn’t get the program to find out all about it.

I then noticed that the board had a bot posting in there and it was flooding the forums, I left a message with the admin to either beef up his security and update his forum core (it was last done in 2005) or completely delete my account from his system.

I did a search on Google for this name and it hit 3060 forums and is like a rash on those forums.

The name is ErnestTravino the website is antimalware.webcindario.com a subdomain of  webcindario.com ip 89.17.220.221
Mess with the Best, Die like the rest.

Please do not “PM” me for support unless I have asked you to do so, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored.

Offline Flame

• Super-Admin
  • Speaker of the House
Re: Malware site tactics
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 03:53:12 PM »
Nasty!