Author Topic: Leaving SG and returning to IC4  (Read 216 times)

Offline Gen.disney

• Speaker of the House
Leaving SG and returning to IC4
« on: November 10, 2010, 12:28:47 PM »
After our trial period with the SG ( Stargate ) expansion, we have decided to return to using the IC4 mod. SG proved to be inadequate when it came to weapon performance. Previously effective weapons became useless with almost no knockdown power. Available maps, while different, allowed the bg's to shoot through the walls with ridiculous accuracy. The return to IC4 will start without the TG Med-mod and should transition over as word is disseminated to interested players. IC4 in currently active on our server. See y'all there.

Offline Zaphod

• Administrator
  • Never shuts up
    • Exocet's Silo
Re: Leaving SG and returning to IC4
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 04:18:32 AM »
shame really as it showed promise, but as you say the weapon performance was crap Vehicle performance was also deteriorated, eg btr and strikers not withstanding any amount of small arms fire form side and assault rifles. AS for the maps quality, that's down to degenerate mappers who think a great map is a bg so ramped up he can shoot with  100% accuracy or higher as 300M with his machine pistol, we have even see and heard them continually shooting through the buildings because they can see you the other side of it.

So its back to IC4, unless the issue of the weapons is addressed then I doubt we will be running SG again. It will still be supported in the game launcher as you never know  these issues may get fixed, but doubtful.

But the  way Novalogic is treating its customers who gives a shit, we have a permanent fix for this problem.
Mess with the Best, Die like the rest.

[smg id=429]

Please do not “PM” me for support unless I have asked you to do so, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored.

Offline Gumby1

• TG Member
  • Resident
Re: Leaving SG and returning to IC4
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 03:31:37 PM »
I also noticed something odd about the Mod. It was as if all the bots were on a crack induced killing spree! Kind of like downtown corntucky Friday at midnight! Of course the exception being the shooting thru buildings thing. The vehicles were exactly the same as downtown corntucky!
Don't lick the windows! You might enjoy it!