Author Topic: Barmy Britain  (Read 638 times)

Offline Zaphod

• Administrator
  • Never shuts up
    • Exocet's Silo
Barmy Britain
« on: October 30, 2011, 09:49:14 PM »
In Britain there is a policy of you need to look 25+ before you can buy alcohol, the 25+ bit was set so that there was margin for the legal age of 18. Here comes the barmy bit.

An off-licence refused to sell alcohol to a woman of 92 because she could not prove she was over 18.
Great-grandmother Diane Taylor wanted to buy a bottle of whisky for her son but was asked for photo ID.
She said It seemed so stupid I thought the cashier was complimenting me, But then I realised that she was being serious so I pulled out my bus pass, my blood donor's card but it was no good.
She said she wanted proof of age. I was so taken aback I didn't know what to do.
She added: No one can convince me I look under 25 I'd only take 78 at a push.
A One Stop Shop spokesman apologised but said staff cannot sell alcohol without seeing proof of age.
Ms Taylor, of Harlow, Essex, eventually bought her booze from another shop.
She added: “I am 101% with them for checking young people but carrying it to that length is just ridiculous.”

I would like to point out that in Britain you have to be 61 years of age to get a bus pass.

Article from Mirror newspaper

Mind you this goes to show, if you pay peanuts you get monkeys working for you.

Mess with the Best, Die like the rest.

Please do not “PM” me for support unless I have asked you to do so, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored.

Offline GaMerZ

• Speaker of the House
Re: Barmy Britain
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 11:26:22 PM »
May be she should have shown her boobs, no 18-25 year old would have such flat droopers  :drink:

Offline Flame

• Super-Admin
  • Speaker of the House
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 06:16:07 PM »
 :puke:

Offline Gumby1

• TG Member
  • Resident
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 08:09:19 PM »
No she should not have shown her boobs! If she would have tripped over one of them the store would have been liable! It is at best a no win situation! This is what happens when you leave even a small amount of room for a personal interpretation of something. Utterly ridiculous! It is why I don't have any hair left my employees took it all!
 :redneck:
Don't lick the windows! You might enjoy it!