Poll

Would you buy from Amazon After reading this?

Yes I trust them.
0 (0%)
No They can't be trusted.
1 (25%)
Of course, I enjoy being fcuked over by companies.
0 (0%)
Of course not! I don't enjoy being fcuked over by companies.
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Amazon service (not)  (Read 414 times)

Offline Zaphod

• Administrator
  • Never shuts up
    • Exocet's Silo
Amazon service (not)
« on: January 25, 2016, 12:18:09 PM »
 I used to exclusively search and buy from Amazon (video's games, books etc.) and providing they use the postal services it was good, if no one was at home no bother, just went to post office and pick it up, EASY.

But then they decided to use a courier for a DVD I ordered.  Then I started to dislike them, why you ask. Well the courier arrived and could not get access to my building (very secure building) even though strict instructions were given to telephone for delivery, but that was too easy.

The courier went away not a word was said or details written or noted. This happened for 6 more times when they expect you to wait at home from 8am to 10pm (completely and utterly unacceptable). It was only after action was taken via bank and threats of legal action then finally the courier telephoned to get access. AT 2AM!

Yes you read it correctly 2AM!!!!!

I'm never in a good mood after being awoken at that time of morning so I got dressed went down to the lobby of the building where I live and proceeded to give the courier a ticking off and ruin his night/morning.

But it fell on dumb intelligence as the couriers command of the English language was less than my Labrador. He handed my DVD and I threw it told him to go forth and multiply and went back to my home and back to bed. Wife also miffed due to me getting up going out and returning at 02:18.

I informed Amazon, and closed my account. Great no more Fcukups or middle of the night disturbances. Bought DVD or blu-ray or books etc form other suppliers (even though the unit cost was more it was actually less considering the time and stress caused by AMAZON!

Stupidly I was given a Amazon Kindle fire tablet as a Christmas gift, found it to be less than useful as  it doesn’t use full Android and apps are not available. The tablet decided to update and from that it failed and would not respond except for  recovery menu.

Every option was tried but no avail, I visited the Amazon website and clicked phone me option at around 2am and was very surprised to get a call from Amazon US, who then put me through all the options including some that were not offered but still no life out of this piece of crap.
 They sent me an email with numbers to telephone for support as the unit needs to be replaced.

8am that morning I rang Amazon and was told it will be arriving the next day. This was after I had a fight with the operator who insisted on referring to my previous account and not the new one created for the kindle. I wanted to speak to a manager as I was being given false information and was told hold and the line went dead. Now ready for a fight I rang back 7 times and was told that a manager will contact me.

12:10 a Manager from Ireland rang me to apologise and told me My item is due around 9pm that same day and will look into the call response.

Several times the same manager told me he has ordered another kindle fire in case, and I need to refuse the second or be charged (I feel that a second or third kindle should not be charged for my trouble).

Guess what? No show on the product, I did not contact them except through email to say I waited from 8 am to 10pm and will never do it again as I have said before this time slot is unacceptable. On Wednesday I received an email saying my product is despatched and will be with me on Thursday, the address was in a different city and the customer name was an alien for all I knew.
Three more emails sent but no response to any of them, I contacted Amazon US as that is the parent company and gave them grief about this abysmal behaviour from a company, I run my own company and if it was to operate at half as bad as Amazon I would be out of business very soon, we pride ourselves on service on time and exactly “what is written on the tin”.
Had a response from my query from US and they suggested I contact UK Amazon (oh god no, please not them for Fcuks sake I want my sanity), so I forwarded the email response and my two penny worth.

I don’t hold my breath but we will see what crock of shit they are going to come up with next.

More to come.

AMAZON you SUCK!
Mess with the Best, Die like the rest.

Please do not “PM” me for support unless I have asked you to do so, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored.

Offline Zilverling

• TG Member
  • Resident
Re: Amazon service (not)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 06:21:48 PM »
Were I live neighbours take youre delivery, and the courier wil give us a note wich one has it and  we can pick it up there.
 :icon_cool: waiting for youre next episode of what happened

Offline Zaphod

• Administrator
  • Never shuts up
    • Exocet's Silo
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 02:09:07 PM »
Were I live neighbours take youre delivery, and the courier wil give us a note wich one has it and  we can pick it up there.
 :icon_cool: waiting for youre next episode of what happened

Private companies cannot get access to this building, it's electronic entry, the postman can as he has a card to enter (he also leaves parcels with another neighbour) but couriers do not, the company is not worth a toss, they have knowingly lied to me (have copies of conversations with them) and these will be placed on facebook youtube etc.

AMAZON SUCKS!

Offline Rwolf

• Regular
  • Speaker of the House
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 10:49:34 PM »
Here in Sweden, for small parcels, various grocery stores are acting as middlemen, you get a notice in the mail to pick something up, or/and an SMS message. Noone has to sit at home waiting for these things nowadays.

I haven't used Amazon though, so I can't say how they deliver their stuff.

Offline Zaphod

• Administrator
  • Never shuts up
    • Exocet's Silo
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 05:16:08 AM »
These are the results of email regarding this shit device.
The following emails is the response from Amazon.co.uk

From:    "Amazon.com Customer Service" <cs-reply@amazon.com>
    To:    *******@exocet-silo.com
    Subject:    A Message from Amazon Customer Service
    Date sent:    Mon, 25 Jan 2016 01:16:39 +0000
    Send reply to:    cs-reply+AWJD2OUOYZKDW@amazon.com

Your Account Amazon.com

Message From Customer Service

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you had with your item. This situation was the result of a combination of technical
and human errors, and that in no way did we intend for this to happen.
I can see that the order you're referring came from one of our partner site. In this case, you'll need to contact our
partner site, Amazon.co.uk, to assist you more precisely, as our international websites operate independently. You can
contact them directly at:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
John P.

Thank you.
Amazon.com

Original Message
---------------
01/24/16 15:19:04
Your Name: **** ****
Other info:null
Comments:Last Monday I contacted amazon uk after talking with yourselves over a faulty fire.

I was told we are delivering a replacement tomorrow (tues 12 Jan 2016). No show, i received 4 phone calls from Ireland Stating it will be with me by 9pm (No Show), but as a measure of precaution they have sent another, I was also informed that if I sign for the second one I will be billed for it. <-------------------------------------------- Why the fcuk would I want a second one?

I received an email 3 days after that date and it was dispatched to a completly wrong address and person, all other
attempts to contact Amazon UK have fallen on deaf ears.

Not impressed at at all, have contacted BBC watchdog programme regarding these lies and ignoring a customer.
This is the second time I have had issues with amazon and will certainly never use them again. But I want my kindle fire (I have found a muppet who wants it). Not interested in apologies just want my product. I will not take another days off for this device, post it so my post office can hold it when they deliver it and I'm at work.

Your policy of delivering between 8am to 10 pm  is totally unacceptable, and in light of actually waiting all that time for a no show makes me want to sue for my lost earnings over this.

What are you going to do about it?
---------------

--------------------------
    To:    *******@exocet-silo.com>
    Subject:    Your Amazon.com Kindle Inquiry
    Date sent:    Mon, 18 Jan 2016 05:41:27 +0000
    Send reply to:    "cs-reply+A2TWTLPD4FDA3V@amazon.com" <cs-reply+A2TWTLPD4FDA3V@amazon.com>

Your Account Amazon.com

Hello John,

Your question will be best handled by our Amazon.co.uk support team. I've passed your question along to them and you
should expect a response within 24 hours.

Alternatively, you can reach them by phone, toll free, from many countries by clicking the Contact Us option on the Amazon.co.uk Kindle Support pages at:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/kindlesupport

Contacting Kindle Support through the website allows you to verify security before a call is placed and ensures we have
your account information ready when we call you. If you're unable to take advantage of the Contact Us feature, you can
call Kindle Support directly:

From United Kingdom: 0800 496 2449 (free)
International: +44 203 356 6212 (fees may apply)
Customer Service Opening Hours: 6:00 AM - midnight GMT 7 days a week

Thanks for your interest in Kindle.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,
Franklin G.

Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

Thank you.
Amazon.com

To:    *******@exocet-silo.com>
    Subject:    Your Amazon.com Kindle Inquiry
    Date sent:    Mon, 18 Jan 2016 05:41:27 +0000
    Send reply to:    "cs-reply+A2TWTLPD4FDA3V@amazon.com" <cs-reply+A2TWTLPD4FDA3V@amazon.com>

Your Account Amazon.com

Hello John,

Your question will be best handled by our Amazon.co.uk support team. I've passed your question along to them and you

should expect a response within 24 hours.

Alternatively, you can reach them by phone, toll free, from many countries by clicking the Contact Us option on the
Amazon.co.uk Kindle Support pages at:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/kindlesupport

Contacting Kindle Support through the website allows you to verify security before a call is placed and ensures we have your account information ready when we call you. If you're unable to take advantage of the Contact Us feature, you can call Kindle Support directly:

From United Kingdom: 0800 496 2449 (free)
International: +44 203 356 6212 (fees may apply)
Customer Service Opening Hours: 6:00 AM - midnight GMT 7 days a week

Thanks for your interest in Kindle.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,
Franklin G.

Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

Thank you.
Amazon.com

From    Amazon.co.uk cs-reply@amazon.co.uk
    To    *******@exocet-silo.com
    Subject    Your Amazon.co.uk Enquiry
    Date sent    Tue, 19 Jan 2016 174702 +0000
    Send reply to     cs-reply+A2HC90E5R12EJZ@amazon.co.uk cs-reply+A2HC90E5R12EJZ@amazon.co.uk

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear about situation. We take full responsibility if any item
becomes lost during delivery and I’ll be happy to replace it free of charge,
or refund you if a replacement is unavailable.

I've checked and can see that your order #026-8979874-8191556 was sent via
Amazon Logistics to the following address:

MR Ashley carter                 <-------------------------------------------- Impressive, that's not my name!
Flat 23, Weston Court          <-------------------------------------------- Impressive, thats not my address!
20 Queens Drive
LONDON
N4 2XD
United Kingdom                   <-------------------------------------------- I'm impressed they got the correct country!

Your order was sent via Standard Delivery as One-Day delivery wasn’t available
for this item(s). The estimated delivery date given for this order is Thursday,
19 November 2015 <---------------------- I'm Fcuking impressed, they sent a replacement 3 months before it went faulty

Your order is still in transit with the carrier and I'm confident that it'll
arrive by the estimated delivery date, which you can view at any time by
visiting the “Your Orders” section of Your Account or by clicking on the
following link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/css/history/orders/view.html

For details of Amazon Prime Terms & Conditions, please visit the link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=200198240?ref=wms_w2

If you have a mobile device, you can use the free Amazon App to receive delivery
notifications and track your parcel on the go. For more information on the app,
please click the link below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/deliverynotification?ref=wms_w3

If your order arrives in the meantime, you don't need to contact us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warmest regards,

Ching S.
Amazon.co.uk
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company. <-------------------------------------------- This is a joke right?

A DVD was ordered on 23rd November 2015 and the results are below.
I shall endeavour to ask the Bulding Manager to make a copy of the time stamped copy of the actual delivery time, that was 02:18 where I snatched the DVD and threw it onto the beach road, returned to my bed and unable to sleep for an hour so as I was miffed.

The Transit van he was driving would not have passed an M.O.T. (Road worthy and safety test. I seriously doubt he had a driving licence as his command of the English language was worse than the average Labrador.

I can only say he has fraudulently entered data prior to the actual delivery time.