Author Topic: TS3 channel switching problem  (Read 17 times)

Offline Rwolf

• Regular
  • Speaker of the House
TS3 channel switching problem
« on: March 06, 2020, 01:20:26 AM »
I seem to be limited to the Coffee lounge and the Novaworld Arena sections on the TS3 server.
If I try to switch to any other channel, I get this error message: 'channel maxfamily reached', which I have not seen before.

Looking in various Teamspeak support forums it may indicate a full server or channel (which was not the case here) or more likely some limit to what 'Guest' users are allowed to do.

Thus, even when I saw three of you playing L4D2 yesterday, I could not join you in that channel.

From what I can read online, there is a setting on the server that can be changed that resolves this: Change the "Max Family Users" from "inherited" to "unlimited"

This may have other effects; it seems to be intended to limit how guest users can move around, so maybe more information is needed for how this setting works.

Offline Zaphod

• Administrator
  • Never shuts up
    • Exocet's Silo
Re: TS3 channel switching problem
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 04:51:01 PM »
 There were 5 different login accounts in database these have all been removed, Please use a "start from scratch login" and see if this resolves the problem. As this would be a single login It would be easier to trace if it is not successful and to debug, I am sure the error is at this end but not knowing which login to trace would make it difficult
When did this issue begin if you can remember?
Mess with the Best, Die like the rest.

Please do not “PM” me for support unless I have asked you to do so, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored.

Offline Rwolf

• Regular
  • Speaker of the House
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 06:00:50 PM »
I first noticed it yesterday, but then I usually only use the Novaworld Arena and the Coffee Lounge, I can't recall the last time  I moved myself to any other channel - there is usually someone else dragging me around :-)

edit; I also tried all channels now, it seems some channels do work for me now, but if I change channels too quick, it seems there is also a 'spam' message triggering: 'Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.'
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 06:09:28 PM by Rwolf »

Offline Rwolf

• Regular
  • Speaker of the House
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 07:41:45 PM »
Thanks for fixing this problem with your workaround tonight, Zaphod!  :tongue04:

Offline Zaphod

• Administrator
  • Never shuts up
    • Exocet's Silo
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 03:17:53 AM »
Thanks for fixing this problem with your workaround tonight, Zaphod!  :tongue04:
No problem, just a shame that Teamspeak are getting a "GOD" attitude and screwing stuff, obviously in M$ofts pocket.