Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 57 times)

Offline Zaphod

• Administrator
  • Never shuts up
    • Exocet's Silo
Eve Online
« on: May 04, 2020, 02:19:18 PM »
Over the past few months I had noticed ads for "Eve Online" on YouTube, I generally was ignoring this as I thought this was yet another SIM type game that is going to track you on your online activities. But one time I watched the 7 minute advert for it and was impressed by the stunning ray traced graphics.

I went to the website and read some more and looked at some more footage, I was and still am very impressed (it takes a lot to achieve that) and how it will run on reasonably low powered machines. I had discussed this a little with CC737-TG- but never really pursued it any further until today (note date and time of this post). I  downloaded the installer and then needed to set up yet another account (groan) it was then I noticed you can use your steam account and profile to install and play the game from within your library (It's not a steam game) so when steam goes down (and it will) you can still enjoy this game and have unfractured game sessions.

The game is free to play and you can either then buy add-ons and equipment or earn them from within the game. Many scenarios are available like trading, working, piracy or fighting (the last two are my favourites).

To find out more about this game click here to go to the site.

Click here to see the ad on YouTube.

Eve online is the largest MMO I have ever seen and has been around since 2003 and has continually evolved and updated unlike the crap that steam is spewing out.
Mess with the Best, Die like the rest.

[smg id=429]

Please do not “PM” me for support unless I have asked you to do so, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored.

Offline Rwolf

• Regular
  • Speaker of the House
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 09:39:02 PM »
I you are looking into that game, I just saw advertised that there is a free 'starterpack' DLC for the game here:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1308110/EVE_Online_Starter_Pack__17_Birthday_Celebration/

This game is heavily into organised fleet battles between factions, what I understand. One of my 666th teammates (H3dsh0t) was deep into that game last time I chatted with him, setting up such fleet battles. Not something suitable for a casual player like me.

Offline Zaphod

• Administrator
  • Never shuts up
    • Exocet's Silo
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 02:44:10 PM »

This game is heavily into organised fleet battles between factions, what I understand.

It's more than just fleet battles, there is trading and piracy and various other aspects of life.

Offline Rwolf

• Regular
  • Speaker of the House
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 05:41:51 PM »
I looked at it again, and it won't run on any of my current PC:s
(It needs 64bit Win7 as minimum OS, they dropped XP/Vista support in 2016, so it's a no-go for me now.)

Offline Zaphod

• Administrator
  • Never shuts up
    • Exocet's Silo
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 04:49:35 PM »
I looked at it again, and it won't run on any of my current PC:s
(It needs 64bit Win7 as minimum OS, they dropped XP/Vista support in 2016, so it's a no-go for me now.)

Such a shame, you can still pick up a copy of windows 7 at silly cheap prices and may give you some longetivity in your gaming. Thanks to Micro$oft wanting to push it's spy machine into the Win10 (that also can be stopped) this will continue until people stop being sheep and saying NO! That is a different topic for another day.