Author Topic: Avanged warfare 2  (Read 62 times)

Offline Zilverling

• TG Member
  • Resident
Avanged warfare 2
« on: November 04, 2020, 02:53:55 PM »
Hi I was happy to see the AW server from the TG squad Back online. But wen I try to loggin I get the message Enumerating session. I will look it up on Google what it means.

Offline Rwolf

• Regular
  • Speaker of the House
Re: Avanged warfare 2
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 07:20:46 PM »
It usually means the server has crashed, and is not responding to the players connection attempt.

Offline Zilverling

• TG Member
  • Resident
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 07:40:40 PM »
I see it is working now.
Thanks  :tongue04:

Offline Zaphod

• Administrator
  • Never shuts up
    • Exocet's Silo
Re: Avanced warfare 2
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 09:58:06 PM »

If you read the topic Called stormed out internet you will understand why the server was offline.
Mess with the Best, Die like the rest.

[smg id=429]

Please do not “PM” me for support unless I have asked you to do so, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored.

Offline Zaphod

• Administrator
  • Never shuts up
    • Exocet's Silo
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 06:28:36 AM »
It usually means the server has crashed, and is not responding to the players connection attempt.

It's a ambiguous report as it means the server is not acknowledging a handshake from the calling client, but the Novaworld system has seen the server and in this particular case the server never crashed but was not showing as online and the game system had not logged it off.

This is a failing at the Novaworld end that Nordic has inherited and will not be doing anything about it as it is a redundant system for gaming.

Offline Rwolf

• Regular
  • Speaker of the House
Re: Advanced warfare 2
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 03:33:14 PM »
Yes, I did not want to dig too deep into this error, but for me it usually comes up when an otherwise fully functional server loads a bad map, and first everyone playing on it times out; then any reconnect attempts shows the server but you only get a preliminary 'enumerating session' as a result. (Currently the maps running on TG are tested and good, so this is unlikely here.)

Also when the server port forwarding setup through a firewall is not correct, the server talks to the Novalogic servers and it shows up, but an external player only gets 'enumerating session' when trying to connect; sometimes the host can be seen playing on their server, but noone else can connect. (This is unlikely to happen on TG servers, since you know what you are doing)