Author Topic: Teamspeak and Windows 10  (Read 22 times)

Offline Zaphod

• Administrator
  • Never shuts up
    • Exocet's Silo
Teamspeak and Windows 10
« on: November 09, 2020, 04:46:11 PM »
Although not specifically game related topic I include this here as it is mainly 90% used for gaming.

Teamspeak although very very useful is not well written in terms of Windows compliance, for example if you hit power button or the power off in the start button (any 32/64bit windows or NT) and a program is still running windows will send a notification to the program and it will close any data files open and shutdown. Thsi is not the case with Teamspeak3, XP and vista would tell you that it's running and will wait for you to force close it before it shuts down or restarts (whatever you chose), Wins 7, 8 did the same and 8.1 and 10 will learn by warning you to force close it and then after a time learn and just get on with the forced close.

This alone is not good, as a programmer myself and have written windows programs if you left my programs open and shut windows down it will comply with the request to close by the windows API and close down.

Teamspeak does not. Now I find that Teamspeak will no longer auto run on windows startup or allow different ports to be used for sound and  queries, the former and latter I used a different port for security reasons as everyone knows the standard ports and "flooding programs" have these ports built in.

So! Teamspeak won't close when windows closes (not good), won't start with a custom port (also not good) and Teamspeak won't autostart from a shortcut or script (not good either).

I am now looking at Ventrillo, this is a system that was better than Teamspeak V2 in terms of codecs and bandwidth as it was not so greedy.

So I shall be looking at the virtues of Ventrillo or other Voice chat systems.

Have fun!
Mess with the Best, Die like the rest.

[smg id=429]

Please do not “PM” me for support unless I have asked you to do so, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored.