Author Topic: Drivers, drivers, and more drivers  (Read 483 times)

Offline RWRamo

• Regular
  • Speaker of the House
Drivers, drivers, and more drivers
« on: March 26, 2006, 09:48:27 PM »
In this mention Video Drivers.

I had just installed the Nvidia 84.21 forceware drivers for my setup using WinXP(sp2) and a Gainward 5700 ultra dual dvi video card sporting 256 megs of memory.

Of course the first thing I noticed was that Again JOe wanted to setup the video, thats a given on changing video driver.

What I did notice it having done on setting up the basic video calibration was that JO setup had bumped shader support from normal to HIGH.

It is using anisotopic filtering. Full screen anti alias off.

This seems to have addressed some issues with Microsofts d3d update in the december direct x update.

I do not know what was specifically addressed in the newest March issue of Directx9c.  It only mentioned the updates and (corrections) for December was included.  I suggest getting the latest dx9c.

The animation sequences seem much livelier.  In the previous version nvidia driver when a vehicle exploded for a brief bit the frame rate dropped noticeably.  In this newest version driver, not only did the helicopters explode in a fire ball raining desbris from the sky.  It was conspicuosly noticeable that the crew were ejected flaming and kicking as they fell from the sky.  Heh heh heh, liked that part.