Author Topic: Sig Test  (Read 900 times)

ReDeYe-TG-

Re: Sig Test
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 10:33:08 PM »
rgr that i dont know how to make sig  gina

ArcticWolf

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 11:48:55 PM »
IF you want a new sig banner, I had posted this once before:

Go to https://www.DFArena.com and join up - it's free, really.. no charges for anything even...

Ok.. once you've done that, go on the forum and go to the Sig Request Only section and then make a post - tell them what you would like to have on it, what it is to say, if you have images that would be a big help for them, there's quite a few very very tallented people who'll make you a sig banner for free, and they've made some outstanding sig's for people. After you make your request, check the Sig Pickup Only section to see if it's ready - normally it may take 1, 2 or 3 days but these guys are usually pretty quick about it. If you don't see it there after 4 days, post a new note on your original thread in the Request section and hopefully someone will take care of you.

If you're still having trouble, please let me know and I"ll go harass the Sig Admin Dud.. er.. dude.. RedRum - really good friend of mine, he'll make sure it's done if he has to do it himself. :)

Offline Poncho_West

• Speaker of the House
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2006, 02:21:56 AM »
Who made your last RED EYE sig?

I have made a number of sigs and edits in the past but it's really hard to make them for others because you never realy know what to make. The best way is that if you see and image you like on the web or if you have something at home that you can scan and post I can make a sig out of just about anything.

ArcticWolf

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2006, 05:35:36 PM »
.....tell them what you would like to have on it, what it is to say, if you have images that would be a big help for them.....

That's why I posted this in my earlier post - it makes it MUCH easier.

For me making my own sigs, I know what I want on there, it's just the problem of finding the "right" picture or background...

Offline Poncho_West

• Speaker of the House
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2006, 07:07:15 PM »
True, True, True...that and sticking to just one. I have 1000s of images from the work we do here at Heritage Media Inc, so at times it like information overload on eye candy. I like taking still images and editing them into gif images to animate them.

Like the below image was just a still image and I did some work on it for some DF-LW friends birthday.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 07:09:19 PM by Poncho_West »

ArcticWolf

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2006, 01:38:22 AM »
I don't do much animation (except for eye blinking or something simple) mainly cause it takes too much time LOL

If you need ANYTHING for graphic's work, at DFArena we have compiled quite a list of places to get Fonts/Tutorials for Graphic Editors and how to do things - just follow this link:

https://www.dfarena.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=13&sid=6c937021795f7f7575ca96ca34d0c2bf

The first three ANNOUNCEMENT Stickies are what you need..

ReDeYe-TG-

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2006, 06:59:09 PM »
Who made our last RED EYE sig?

I think i got it from dfhq not sure who did it for me
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 07:00:47 PM by ReDeYe-TG- »

Offline RWRamo

• Regular
  • Resident
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2006, 08:00:44 PM »
Hey, [you] It seems like last year there was a utility going around that would make one for you.

You feed it a picture and some text. Choose the font, and location on a grid.? And it would mash/stretch the picture to fit the pre determined banner size.
And I can not remember the given "standard" pixel size at the moment for a "SIG Banner".

And to be specific, I did not download and install it to give it a test drive.? At the time I fluxing around with PSP9 Trying to scan in a bunch of ancient family historical pictures as well as rig up some way to scan in some really old negatives from the 20's.? Surprisingly enough, using an old plastic shopping bag along with a big flashlight with a focus ring light I got some fairly good scans which the negative button brought right to life.

With a carefull squint I could tell some were really dreadfull faded color negatives from the early 1030's Down on the farm.? I carefully wrapped those back up in a ziplock with a little squirt of some nitrogen to slow the oxidation of time down until I get a better scanner and software plug ins.

On the fringe!? I did see a PSP plug-in based on some NASA software to help clear up grainy low resolution photo's.? I unfortunately did not commit that pluggin to a CD before that particular computer did a sad Hard drive death convulsion.